WASHINGTON Adding vitamin C to existing tuberculosis drugs regime could shorten the therapy for drug resistant TB, claims new research findings published in the online scientific journal Nature Communications. The striking discovery, by researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, has determined that vitamin C kills drug-resistant TB bacteria in laboratory ...
LONDON In a critique of the United Kingdom's austerity programme, the International Monetary Fund Wednesday urged the Europe's third largest economy to rebalance the policy to make the transition to a high-investment and more export-oriented economy. "The UK could boost growth by bringing forward measures already included in its fiscal plan, such as spending on infrastructure and job ...
DHAKA - A high level US delegation led by the State Department's Under Secretary for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman will visit Bangladesh this weekend to press for a major overhaul of labour safety regulations following the nation's deadliest industrial accident, an official said Wednesday. The collapse of a nine-storey factory complex housing several garment units outside the capital last ...
BRUSSELS - Voicing concern about tax evasion that is estimated at one trillion euros, European Commission President Jose-Manuel Barroso said Tuesday that EU leaders will meet at a one-day summit on Wednesday to negotiate solution. The European Union can't afford to let tax evasion go on the way it is. Such large amounts of money, currently sitting in tax havens, would be greatly beneficial ...
FRANKFURT - Germany's central bank Deutsche Bundesbank expects the country's economy to improve "markedly" in the second quarter relying on signals of pick up in industrial orders and likelihood of weather related downturn in construction sector no longer impacting investment sentiments a development that could boost the wider eurozone as it struggles to get out of recession. "Overall ...
La bête humaine [DVD]
Rarely has the title of a film been more seemingly blunt in denoting its view of humanity than Jean Renoirs La bte humaine, which translates as The Human Beast. However, the film is not nearly as complete in its dark view of human nature as the title or the source novel by mi ... ...
NEW YORK - Pharma major Pfizer has discontinued the development of cancer candidate inotuzumab ozogamicin, which is part of a class of therapies called antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), in the haematological cancer non-Hodgkin lymphoma after it failed to show benefit in overall survival during phase III trials. Pfizer has notified the study investigators and appropriate regulatory authorities ...
WASHINGTON - GrubHub Inc. and Seamless North America LLC, two of the biggest online services for food-delivery in the U.S., have entered into a definitive agreement to combine their companies to take on rivals in the growing market for online meal orders. The merger will create a combined company well positioned to drive more orders to restaurants, deliver a better experience for hungry ...
LONDON - The UK housing market seems to be picking up with gross mortgage lending up 4.3 per cent in April over previous month to 12.1 billion pounds, the highest in over four years, according to the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML). The mortgage lending was 21% higher than April 2012, but this data is skewed by the end of the stamp duty concession on 24 March, 2012. Under the stamp duty ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Pan Pacific Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
This spectacularly located waterfront hotel backs on to the CBD and the Gas Light district at Canada Place, adjoining the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): At least four people were killed and 68 others wounded in deadly bomb attacks in war-torn Iraq on Tuesday, police said.
At least three people were killed and more than 43 others wounded when two car bombs exploded in the Hussein district in Tuz Khormato, some 170 km north of Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
The blasts caused considerable damage to a number of houses and civilian cars nearby, the source said.
One civilian was killed and 25 others were injured when three bombs exploded in a sheep market in the Auraba district of Kirkuk, some 250 km north of Baghdad, according to the source.
Tuesday's violence came amid an escalation of sectarian tension between the Sunni and Shiite communities, which has been at its highest level since the U.S. troops pulled out of the country at the end of 2011.
On Monday, a series of car bombs and shootings mainly targeting Shiite areas across Iraq killed at least 70 people, including several Iranian pilgrims, and wounded more than 200, apparently in an attempt to stir up sectarian strife among Iraqis. (Xinhua-ANI)
- Don Gale Changing the world with GAL
- Topic of the day Apple tax hearings
- Banks still want big bailouts
- My view UDOT listened made a good choice
- Buddhas way of transforming awareness
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Indian passport problem in Saudi Arabia resolved
- Saudi Arabia nabs 10 over spying for Iran
- Syria asserts right to respond to Israeli violations
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Bridging Cultures Muslim Journeys continues at main library May 30
- Muslim leaders pray at...
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they...
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga ‘All Is...
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Her vision Better clearer sight
- Simple Steps Can Protect Pets in Weather Disasters
- Fish Oil Pills Might Cut Diabetes Risk Researchers Say
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Cousins unveils big changes for 2100 Ross makeover
- From the ICSC Southridge nears completion of makeover
- Slideshow B-Thrifty plans to launch clothing recycling program
- Bankers Petroleum announces annual meeting voting results and election of directors
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraqs largest oilfield
- Gay-rights group accuses Exxon Mobil of hiring bias
- Tanzanian gas pipeline plan sparks riot -government officials
- Chicken mangosteen curry papaya salad soft-shell crabs–Thai cuisine reworked for the Filipino palate
- Pentagon demands $450 mln for Guantanamo Bay prison maintenance
- NATO troops begin withdrawal of equipment from Afghanistan
- US Army declares missing Fort Bragg soldier dead
- Did the Pentagon cry wolf over sequestration
- McRaven Sets Future Course for Special Ops Command
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraqs largest oilfield
- Iraq gets final helicopter delivery
- Iraq Gunmen kill 12 in Baghdad brothel
- Iraq may meet about 50 increase in world oil exports through 2030 Nahyan
- Iraq’s Al Maliki continues to insist bogus device detects IEDs