WASHINGTON - Adding vitamin C to existing tuberculosis drugs regime could shorten the therapy for drug resistant TB, claims new research findings published in the online scientific journal Nature Communications. The striking discovery, by researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, has determined that vitamin C kills drug-resistant TB bacteria in laboratory ...
Chronic pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined Too many patients rely on drugs to mask their pain People should seek out a pain specialist to help find the ...
African women with obstetric fistula see themselves as the walking dead, doctor says Fistula can be repaired with delicate surgery and follow-up care Many African hospitals and doctors lack education and expertise Thursday is the first-ever International Day to End Obstetric ...
Prosecutors say the man and woman followed faith-healing doctrines An infant son died in April, with authorities saying the parents didn't seek medical help A 2-year-old son died under similar circumstances in 2009 The parents were on probation in that earlier death, and were to get help for their sick ...
Jeremy Hunt, the Health Secretary, has been accused by senior doctors of "childishly superficial and misleading analysis" after he blamed GPs for the pressure on UK accident and emergency ...
50/50, a dramedy about a young man in his late 20s who is diagnosed with cancer, is a good movie with a moderate sense of daring that ultimately spends too much time telling the wrong story. Screenwriter Will Reiser based on the script on his own twentysomething experiences of battling cance ... ...
Patients in hospitals are not being put first, three quarters of health professionals believe, according to a damning report which warns that the NHS has lost its ...
HIV prevention and treatment platforms can reduce the opportunity costs of care and improve treatment outcomes, argues a new Policy Forum article published in this week's PLOS Medicine. Syvia Kaaya from the School of Medicine at the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and her international colleagues say that effective interventions exist for ...
By The Associated Press The U.S. teen birth rate fell 25 percent over five years to a record low of 31 births per 1,000 teens ages 15 to 19, according to a report from the Centers for ...
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's BTG said it would make two acquisitions, one extending its expertise in liver cancer and the other a treatment for severe blood clots, to create an interventional medicine business with potential sales of $1 billion. The company said on Thursday it had agreed to buy the targeted therapies division of Nordion Inc, for about $200 million in a deal that adds ...
Kathrin Jansen, senior vice president of Vaccine Research and Early Development at Pfizer Inc, poses for a portrait in one of her labs at Pfizer headquarters in Pearl River, New York, April 19, ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): At least four people were killed and 68 others wounded in deadly bomb attacks in war-torn Iraq on Tuesday, police said.
At least three people were killed and more than 43 others wounded when two car bombs exploded in the Hussein district in Tuz Khormato, some 170 km north of Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
The blasts caused considerable damage to a number of houses and civilian cars nearby, the source said.
One civilian was killed and 25 others were injured when three bombs exploded in a sheep market in the Auraba district of Kirkuk, some 250 km north of Baghdad, according to the source.
Tuesday's violence came amid an escalation of sectarian tension between the Sunni and Shiite communities, which has been at its highest level since the U.S. troops pulled out of the country at the end of 2011.
On Monday, a series of car bombs and shootings mainly targeting Shiite areas across Iraq killed at least 70 people, including several Iranian pilgrims, and wounded more than 200, apparently in an attempt to stir up sectarian strife among Iraqis. (Xinhua-ANI)
- BOOK REVIEW The Rise of the Vampire
- US Congress Moves Toward Full Trade Embargo on Iran
- Immigration bill a testament to compromise
- In L.A. polishing up the pedways
- WLOX Editorial Remember and honor those who died serving our country
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Iran upgrading nuclear program IAEA
- Bosnia may offer road map to Syria
- Assad foe tells leader to cede power to officials
- Nawaz Sharifs govt. to continue Benazir Bhuttos policy of reconciliation
- David Cameron Murder of soldier in Woolwich a betrayal of Islam
- STARING DOWN TERROR Scout Leader Mom Bravely Confronts Muslim Attackers
- 75 Hezbollah fighters killed in Syria so...
- Muslim terrorists behead soldier on street – then warn the world
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- Deal with your chronic pain
- A fate worse than death for scores of women
- Couple charged in death of infant who fell ill
- Jeremy Hunt attacked by doctors for superficial misleading comments
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- High demand for Muslim travel | ITB Berlin Survey Shows
- Video PKF overviews 2013 Annual Trends Survey Results
- Shopping around A Saks Neiman merger
- St. Paul OKs street merchants Grocery trucks in Mpls
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Over 10 new oil fields found in Siberia
- Saudi to hand Pakistan $15bn energy bailout – report
- Iran keen to speed up nuclear programme
- Bengal Energy to Form Strategic Joint Venture with Beach Energy Ltd. for Cooper Basin Exploration and Development Program
- US officials say hypersonic weapons likely to hit battlefield by 2025
- US Army receives JPADS 10K system from Airborne Systems
- US Army orders additional Exelis spiral enhanced night-vision goggles
- Lockheeds GMLRS warhead completes first EMD flight test
- Obama to limit drone strikes restart Guantanamo closure
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Oil Search provide Taza 1 ST2 well update
- The Chief of Staff Meets Iraqi Defence Minister
- Iraqs state-owned Trade Bank eyes Lebanon Turkey - president
- India and Iraq to Cooperate in Water Management Area
- Gunmen kill 4 Iraqi soldiers north of Baghdad