A Danish science experiment by a group of 9th-graders has gained worldwide interest, after they showed that wireless signals can stunt plant growth. Five girls from Hjallerup Skole, a primary education school in Denmark, began the experiment after noticing that when they slept with their cellphones near their heads overnight, they had trouble focusing the next day, according to Danish News site ...
New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art has reopened its European paintings galleries after a two-year renovation, giving a privileged space to Spanish masters Velazquez, El Greco and Goya. Prior to the overhaul, the Met's large collection of works by Velazquez, Goya, Ribera, Murillo and El Greco had been distributed in different galleries organized either by artistic movement or ...
Russia's Energia Rocket and Space Corporation will make four launches next year from the Pacific Ocean-based Odyssey platform under the Sea Launch programme, an official said. Corporation president Vitaly Lopota said that after 2014, Energia will be able to make five or more launches a year. Next year's launches will be the first since one of Sea Launch's Zenit vehicles carrying an Intelsat-27 ...
A study of future human missions has indicated corporate researchers could be living on the moon by the time NASA astronauts head off to visit an asteroid in the 2020s. The study by Bigelow Aerospace, commissioned by NASA, shows "a lot of excitement and interest from various companies" for such ventures, Daily Mail quoted Robert Bigelow, founder and president of the Las Vegas-based firm, as ...
The number of frogs, toads and salamanders in the US could be falling at an even more severe and widespread rate than previously believed, and ...
A Beautiful Mind [DVD]
There is an inherent danger in romanticizing the link between genius and insanity. It is a hard impulse to deny, as both geniuses and the insane are defined primarily in how they differ from ordinary people. Both are somehow removed from the everyday in extraordinary/terrible ways, ... ...
This week, I tell you about these books: The World's Rarest Birds by Erik Hirschfeld, Andy Swash and Robert Still; The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone by Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett; The Uses of Pessimism & the Danger of False Hope by Roger Scruton; A Cupboard Full of Coats by Yvvette Edwards; and The Water-Babies by Charles ...
/enpproperty--> GUIYANG - Vice President Li Yuanchao has called for science and technology (S&T) workers to devote themselves to innovation. Li made the remarks on Saturday at the opening ceremony of the 15th annual meeting of the China Association for Science and Technology (CAST). The meeting, which will last until Monday, is being attended by more than 2,500 S&T workers, as well ...
In today's business world, disruption is a constant force that never lets up. At the annual WIRED Business Conference: Disruptive by Design, we celebrate the creative power of bold new ideas and the people that make them happen. See the event ...
Russia will ask the United States to contribute more toward the costs of flying US astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS), a spokesman for the Russian space agency said Thursday.Roskomos spokesman Vyacheslav Davydenko told AFP that since the US space shuttles stopped supplying the jointly manned station in the wake of the February 2003 Columbia disaster Russia had been shouldering ...
Taiwan's national space programme offered Wednesday its satellite images of the damage caused by powerful tsunamis that ravaged Asia at the weekend to affected countries and aid groups for free.The National Space Programme Office (NSPO) normally charges 3,000 euros (4,080 dollars) for each photograph covering an area of 600 square kilometres (240 square miles), the office said.The images ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Ominous ties are emerging between skyrocketing sectarian violence in Iraq and Syria's civil war. Analysts say al-Qaida-linked militants are flowing back and forth from both countries and are seeking to use religious differences to bring down the government, not only in Damascus, but also in Baghdad.
Iraqis are witnessing the worst violence to rock their country in five years.
Bombings and other attacks against Sunni Muslim and Shi'ite targets are stoking sectarian tensions.
One major reason is the civil war next door in Syria.
"It is no accident that we are seeing more bombings in Iraq now because of the money and the weapons that are going to the Syrian Free Army, some factions of which are aligned with al-Qaida,rdquo; said Douglas Ollivant of the New America Foundation.
Amateur video posted online shows rebel fighters in Syria from the al-Nusra Front pledging allegiance to al-Qaida.
The group receives support from al-Qaida in Iraq, and militants frequently cross the porous Iraqi-Syrian border.
"The Iraqis are scared to death about the backlash and the back flow of some of these militants and al-Qaida related groups,rdquo; said Michael Rubin, who is with the American Enterprise Institute. ...
- What matters now about marriage
- Rebooting the war on terror
- When your laptop dies
- Photo essay Riversides community table
- Words Of Wisdom For The Graduating Class Of Moore Okla.
- Obamas drones Gitmo speech welcomed in Pakistan Yemen
- UN agency calls on Syrias neighbours to keep borders open for refugees
- India scrambles help for workers hit by Saudi Arabias new stringent work policy
- Hezbollah Syria government forces push for advance in Qusair
- Opposition talks aimed at presenting coherent front at international peace conference face prospect of collapse after Assads foes failed to cut internal deal.
- From migrant worker to neurosurgeon
- Forum for NHS staff to get together and talk to be expanded
- 5 questions on egg freezing
- Tenn. pharmacy recalls steroid injections 7 get abscesses
- Common Supplement May Help Patients Fight Heart Failure
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Thailand-Japan plan two-way tourism traffic flows.
- Marriott Foundation funds new charitable initiative for youth in China.
- Kailua businesses await possible sale of Kaneohe Ranch portfolio Slideshow
- Food trends from the NRA
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- Bolivia to boost incentives for gas exploration
- Brazil oil firm sells partial stake in Tanzania block
- Landmark securities fraud settlement reached against Shell
- Shell Oil Presses Supreme Court to Deprive Torture Victims of Justice
- Obama Urges Military to Stamp Out Sexual Assaults
- Hashimoto to retract sex suggestion for U.S. military
- Pentagons Historical Displays Honor Americans Sacrifices
- Rim Fitments Provider SizeItUp Launches The Database Integration For...
- Former ASCD President Joins NEF to Head up Federal GrantsSTEM Academy...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- EMP to partner with Horizon Scope in Iraq
- Kurds flee for Iraq as Syria war slogs on
- Iraq violence a new test for US
- Western Unions new Iraq agent
- Iran Syria Iraq to sign major gas deal on Monday