Nick Robinson, the BBC's political editor, Friday apologised for directly quoting a Whitehall source who described the Woolwich killers as being "of Muslim appearance". Robinson said he was sorry for using the phrase, which "was both liable to be misinterpreted and to cause offence", during the BBC News at Six broadcast Thursday. The corporation received dozens of complaints after using the ...
Bangladesh educationist Azad Chowdhury called for the banning of the country's biggest Islamist party, Jamaat-e-Islami, and blamed the organisation for misusing Islam and committing the wartime atrocities during the 1971 liberation war. In an interview, Chowdhury blamed the Jamaat for butchering intellectuals in huge numbers. "Jamaat is an organized party, they had a legacy of this sort of ...
The suspects behind the Woolwich beheading of a British soldier were reportedly inspired by the preachings of cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed. According to a secret film, Bakri states that Islam's enemies are permitted to be decapitated under certain interpretations of the religion. The radical Muslim cleric has been banned form Britain for his extremist activities and his alleged links to the ...
LONDON Senior British officials say the two men detained for the gruesome murder of an off-duty British soldier on a London street had been identified earlier by security teams investigating suspected Islamist extremists. The victim, a 25-year-old father named Lee Rigby who had served in Afghanistan, died at the scene. The two suspects were shot and wounded by police. Media ...
Ominous ties are emerging between skyrocketing sectarian violence in Iraq and Syria's civil war. Analysts say al-Qaida-linked militants are flowing back and forth from both countries and are seeking to use religious differences to bring down the government, not only in Damascus, but also in Baghdad. Iraqis are witnessing the worst violence to rock their country in five years. ...
The Last House on the Left (2009)
Of all the horror films from the 70s and 80s that have been remade in the last five or six years--and there have been oh-so-many--the only one that has offered a real opportunity for improvement is Wes Cravens The Last House on the Left (1972), a notorio ... ...
In a converted pub on the Old Kent Road in south-east London afternoon, a few dozen Nigerian Muslims gathered for their usual Friday ...
The suspected killers of a British soldier in London this week claimed to have acted in response to the West's 'war on Islam' - raising concerns that their view is shared by more European ...
The convert, who discovered Mormonism while working with a Utah-based charity, developed a solid reputation after turning around his Muslim-majority town as ...
Indian Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid arrived in Jeddah last night on a four-day visit to hold wide-ranging talks with Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, in Jeddah today, and later with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud Al-Faisal.On his first visit to Saudi Arabia as foreign minister, Khurshid is also expected to have discussions with the Saudi leadership, including Labor ...
LONDON -- When Michael Adebolajo was filmed clutching the bloodied knives he apparently used to butcher a soldier, Britons were chilled by the strong London accent in which he spoke of his Islamist motives. How could one of their own have become so ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Ominous ties are emerging between skyrocketing sectarian violence in Iraq and Syria's civil war. Analysts say al-Qaida-linked militants are flowing back and forth from both countries and are seeking to use religious differences to bring down the government, not only in Damascus, but also in Baghdad.
Iraqis are witnessing the worst violence to rock their country in five years.
Bombings and other attacks against Sunni Muslim and Shi'ite targets are stoking sectarian tensions.
One major reason is the civil war next door in Syria.
"It is no accident that we are seeing more bombings in Iraq now because of the money and the weapons that are going to the Syrian Free Army, some factions of which are aligned with al-Qaida,rdquo; said Douglas Ollivant of the New America Foundation.
Amateur video posted online shows rebel fighters in Syria from the al-Nusra Front pledging allegiance to al-Qaida.
The group receives support from al-Qaida in Iraq, and militants frequently cross the porous Iraqi-Syrian border.
"The Iraqis are scared to death about the backlash and the back flow of some of these militants and al-Qaida related groups,rdquo; said Michael Rubin, who is with the American Enterprise Institute. ...
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Repressing Rights While Talking Law in Uganda
- BOOK REVIEW Saul Bellows Heart
- What is the result
- Five ways of putting an end to anger
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Syrias Civil War Fuels Violence in Iraq
- LeBron James Will Eventually Top Michael Jordan As Basketballs Greatest Player
- Israeli-Palestinian problem at base troubles in Middle East says Jerusalem Patriarch
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- The Unique Symptom Seen in People With Borderline Personality Disorder
- High Cadmium Levels May Raise Risk for Dying From Liver Disease Study
- Low-Income Minority Parents More Open to HPV Vaccine for Girls Study Says
- Food supplement could help reduce heart deaths
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pro-Tesla Motors bill dies in Texas House
- Kohls compensation package for former Starbucks exec nearly $10M
- Safety traffic economic development among Arts Districts top goals
- Mountain vinters hit downtown Santa Cruz June 9 to lure beach visitors
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- 129th Airmen Achieve Milestone 1000th Save
- Breedlove Encourages Big-Picture Focus on Afghanistan
- Air Force Structure Commission Slates June 4 Meeting
- Donley Sequestration Hits Air Force Readiness Modernization
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Syrias Civil War Fuels Violence in Iraq
- High Court Government didnt handle Iraq abuse case adequately
- Court British investigation into Iraqi abuses falls short
- The Conscientious Objector and Inside Iraq the Untold Stories Launched on Portico
- UK ordered to hold inquests into civilian deaths during Iraq war