Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
The problem of Saudi Arabian immigration authorities not accepting newly designed Indian passports has been resolved, according to the Indian embassy in Riyadh. India's Ambassador Hamid Ali Rao raised the issue during a meeting with Saudi Deputy Minister of Interior Ahmed Bin Mohammed Al-Salem Tuesday and the matter was clarified, local media reported Wednesday "Some cases were reported in ...
Saudi Arabia has arrested 10 people on suspicion of espionage for Iran, the interior ministry announced Tuesday. "Following an initial investigation, the security forces arrested 10 more suspects over involvement in the espionage acts for an Iranian espionage cell, reported Xinhua citing a spokesperson for the ministry. The arrestees, comprising eight Saudis, a Lebanese and a Turk, are linked ...
They Syrian government has said that it holds the right to respond to any Israeli violation against its sovereignty. The Syrian foreign ministry, in a letter to the UN, Tuesday complained against the latest Israeli violation which took place earlier, Xinhua reported. The complaint was made in the wake of an Israeli military vehicle violating the cease-fire being observed between Israel and ...
IA conservative body in Iran has barred two prominent figures from competing in next month's presidential election: moderate former president Hashemi Rafsanjani and a leading conservative allied to current president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The Iranian interior ministry said Tuesday the Guardian Council of clerics and jurists excluded the two politicians from a final list of eight candidates ...
"Dangerous Beauty" is a really nothing more than a grandiose soap opera set in Venice circa 1583. It is beautifully filmed, wonderfully acted, and certainly nothing short of entertaining, but it lacks any true fundamental seriousness. Dealing with themes of forbidden love, religious intolerance, subordination of women, sexual freedom, and the roles of pleasure and sin in a high-cultured society, i ... ...
STATE DEPARTMENT U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in the Middle East this week for talks to promote an international peace conference on Syria. Russia wants Iran to be part of the process. In this fight for control of Syria, Iran is one of the biggest backers of embattled President Bashar al-Assad. So Russia says Iran should be part of the peace process. "Iran has ...
Iranian legislative body has approved eligibility of eight presidential candidates for the June 14 poll in the country, Xinhua reported Tuesday. The candidates, including the country's nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili and former foreign minister Ali-Akbar Velayati -- for the presidential election have been approved by Iran's Guardian Council of Constitution, semi-official Mehr news agency ...
Iraq are negotiating to revise their contracts with the government, as new production targets undermine the profitability of their operations. Iraq's government earlier this year revised down its national oil output targets to 9.5 million barrels per day (bpd) by 2020, up from about 3 million bpd today, as part of a new blueprint for the development of its energy sector. The new strategy ...
Sales of Nissan cars increased across the Middle East by more than a quarter in the past financial year, slightly outpacing the overall market. The 26.2 per cent rise helped the company capture a market share of 14.4 per cent in the Arabian Gulf during the period. It is estimated that the market grew by about 25 per cent in 2012. "It would be difficult not to be pleased with 26 per cent ...
Qatar Petroleum International (QPI) and Total announced the signing of a framework of Agreement whereby QPI will participate in Total E&P Congo through its subscription to a 15 percent share capital increase of this company. This participation reinforces Qatar's commitment to invest in Africa and illustrates Congo's willingness to welcome Qatar as a new partner. Furthermore, thanks ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Pan Pacific Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
This spectacularly located waterfront hotel backs on to the CBD and the Gas Light district at Canada Place, adjoining the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): At least four people were killed and 68 others wounded in deadly bomb attacks in war-torn Iraq on Tuesday, police said.
At least three people were killed and more than 43 others wounded when two car bombs exploded in the Hussein district in Tuz Khormato, some 170 km north of Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
The blasts caused considerable damage to a number of houses and civilian cars nearby, the source said.
One civilian was killed and 25 others were injured when three bombs exploded in a sheep market in the Auraba district of Kirkuk, some 250 km north of Baghdad, according to the source.
Tuesday's violence came amid an escalation of sectarian tension between the Sunni and Shiite communities, which has been at its highest level since the U.S. troops pulled out of the country at the end of 2011.
On Monday, a series of car bombs and shootings mainly targeting Shiite areas across Iraq killed at least 70 people, including several Iranian pilgrims, and wounded more than 200, apparently in an attempt to stir up sectarian strife among Iraqis. (Xinhua-ANI)
- Arrested Development Leads The Charge For Old Brands In New Media
- Lets Get Creative And Redefine The Meaning Of Religion
- Letters Internet sales tax the consumers last word
- Despite Cheap Wigs the CIA Are Big Spenders
- Globe Editorial Canada should lift outdated visa restrictions on ANC members
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Indian passport problem in Saudi Arabia resolved
- Saudi Arabia nabs 10 over spying for Iran
- Syria asserts right to respond to Israeli violations
- Iran Bars Candidacies of Rafsanjani Ahmadinejad Aide
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Turkey presents Prophets sayings for the 21st Century
- Muslims having problem in halal meat in US
- Christian Science Monitor In Myanmar a movement for Muslim and Buddhist tolerance
- Al-Jazeera Al-Arabiya lead Arab news channels...
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Quick thinking saves Okla. patients
- This is your brain on music
- Doc told him Lose weight or die
- Oncolytics cancer drug meets mid-stage trial goal shares rise
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Sam Nazarian Larry Levy and Bob Heyat Partner to Launch The Redbury Hotel South Beach
- Kempinski Hotels Opens the 678-room Grand Kempinski Hotel Shanghai in Pudong Shanghai
- Hospitality Net Expands Mobile Presence with Launch of Photo App for App Store
- Gale Force to buy additional Texas Reef Property interests issues incentive stock options
- Oando Energy Resources Announces Election of Directors
- Yangarra Announces First Quarter 2013 Financial and Operating Results
- Veresen Reaches Major Milestone on Jordan Cove Energy Project with Filing of Formal FERC Application
- Residents workers share views on Fallston gas pipeline
- Pentagon demands $450 mln for Guantanamo Bay prison maintenance
- NATO troops begin withdrawal of equipment from Afghanistan
- Face of Defense Air Liaison Controls Skies Saves Lives
- Oklahoma Guard Soldiers Aid Responders in Tornados Wake
- Combined Force Arrests Taliban Leader in Helmand Province
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- BP Chevron Total and other major oil firms seek new terms in Iraq
- Iraq - Iraqi journalist threatened for reporting on corruption
- BP to invest $2.85 billion in Iraqs largest oilfield
- BPs Investment in Iraq to Reach $5B by 2016
- Iraqi premier orders army shake-up after attacks