DENVER-Mark Michael Bote, age 23, of Thornton, Colorado, was charged yesterday by criminal complaint with one count of false information and threats while aboard Frontier Airlines Flight 601 en route from Knoxville, Tennessee to Denver, Colorado, United States Attorney John Walsh and FBI Denver Special Agent in Charge Thomas Ravenelle announced. Bote is scheduled to make his initial appearance ...
As Dennis Derdoski approached the edge of the Grand Canyon for the first time, he wasn't sure what to expect.The 63-year-old manufacturing executive from suburban Minneapolis said he's traveled the world and seen some sights but was left agape by the panorama: "The depth, the colors, the space. I've seen a lot of fabulous things, but this takes the prize for natural ...
Image credit: Samoa Air The tiny airline that drew international attention for its pay-what-you-weigh policy is making accommodations for passengers of a larger size, introducing XL Class. Samoa Air chief executive Chris ...
JAL SKY SUITE was today named "Best Business Class Airline Seat" globally, based on the world's largest airline passenger satisfaction survey conducted by SKYTRAX. Japan Airlines (JAL) received the top honor for its new fully-flat Business Class seat at SKYTRAX's 2013 World Airline Awards held at Paris Air Show. JAL is the first Japanese airline to win the Best Business ...
SAIDU SHARIF, Swat Valley, Pakistan - All arrangements have been finalized for the four-day Swat Summer Festival starting from June 20, says the civilian and military administration in Pakistan, as reported by the Dispatch News Desk (DND). Commissioner of the Malakand Division, Dr. Fakhar Alam, while addressing a press conference in Saidu Sharif, said the summer festival is being organized ...
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers [DVD]
The problem with Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers is that it's a bridge movie, linking Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988), which jump-started the series back into existence after a long hiatus with the introduction of Jamie Lloyd (Danielle Harris), Michael's niece, and Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995), which answers the mystery left at ... ...
The newest attraction on the Las Vegas Strip may not be a new hotel, casino or nightclub but a 650-foot roller coaster. If a coaster of this size were to be built, it would be the world's tallest. Currently, the tallest in the world is the 456-foot tall Kingda Ka at New Jersey's Six Flags Great Adventure. Florida-based U.S. Thrill Rides submitted an application in April to the ...
What to do with the family dog when vacation time comes is a common conundrum. Most dogs end up in a kennel. Some with a family friend. Just one will end up on a $73,000 luxury vacation of its own. In conjunction with the Paw Seasons luxury dog hotel in Bristol, ...
Eden Roc Hotel in Miami, hotel owner Eden Roc LLLP said Tuesday.Destination Hotels & Resorts will begin management of the property July 11. The 21-floor, 631-room hotel, formerly known as the Eden Roc Renaissance Hotel, has been renamed as the Eden Roc Miami Beach."This transition marks the beginning of a new era for Eden Roc Miami Beach, one of the most iconic luxury hotels on Miami ...
cuisine in Las Vegas is one thing - but how about dinner suspended on a platform 180-feet in the air? That's the table that Kelley Jones set last week when he and partners broke ground for Dinner in the Sky, opening this summer, just due west of the Las Vegas Strip. Inspired by a similar concept in Europe, Dinner in the Sky straps 22 hungry and adventurous eaters, along with a very careful ...
If you've ever been led astray by Siri or her ilk - and by now, what smart phone user hasn't? - you'll relate to a new survey that says 63% of GPS-using U.S. drivers say the navigating device has given ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Coogee, Sydney
This 4.5 star hotel is one of our favourites. Overlooking Coogee Beach and just a 15 minute drive from the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
At least 32 people were killed and over 50 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks at a mosque in the Iraqi capital, an interior ministry official said.
The attacks occurred around midday at the al-Husseiniyah mosque in al-Qahira district, when two suicide bombers blew themselves up during prayers, Xinhua reported.
The official said the two attackers first shot dead the guards of the mosque with silenced weapons before entering the building and blowing up their explosive vests.
Ambulances, civilian and police vehicles evacuated the injured to various hospitals across the city.
BBC said Tuesday's attack comes a day after bombings killed at least 10 people in the cities of Taji and Fallujah near Baghdad.
Last month was the bloodiest in Iraq since June 2008, with 1,045 civilians and security officials killed.
- How poor students get soaked for college sports
- Protect students from anti-gay bullying
- Death Of A Puppy An Exclusive Imaginary Excerpt From The Man Of Steel Sequel
- Will Commerce Open The Doors To Eastern Philosophy
- What others say Countering rape violence against women
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- Gaddafi's son to stand trial in Libya in August
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Khurshid welcomes three months respite given to Indian expats in Saudi Arabia
- More flights for repatriation of Indians from Saudi Arabia
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Ohio residents held disabled woman in slavery government charges
- MRI may help find infection from tainted injection
- Obamacare-like groups tied to lower costs study
- Past care tied to later treatments success
- Three States Getting Closer to Creating Infrastructure for Mattress Recycling - By Glenn Hasek
- Ashford Hospitality Trust Announces Plan to Spin-off Hotel Portfolio
- ADAC Reisemonitor - Germans Are As Keen on Travel As Ever
- Sage Hospitality Adds San Antonio Eilan Hotel Resort to Portfolio
- Hyatt to Develop Nine Hyatt Place Hotels in Brazil
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2103
- UnitedHealth delays under Pentagon contract may hurt profits
- Days Of Rambo Are Over Pentagon Details Womens Move To Combat
- Officials Battle Obesity Tobacco With Healthy Base Initiative
- NSA Chief Surveillance Stopped More Than 50 Terror Plots
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 32 die in Iraq suicide bombing
- 15 killed in suicide bombing at Baghdad Shiite mosque
- Iraqi Suicide Bombers Kill Shiite Worshippers
- Iraqi Kurdistan gives Turkish company six oil exploration blocks
- Learning a Lesson from Libya Iraq Reconciliation Not Revenge