Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (NYSE: AHT) announced that the Company's Board of Directors approved a plan to spin-off an 80% ownership interest in an 8-hotel portfolio, totaling 3,146 rooms (2,912 owned rooms), to holders of Ashford Trust common stock in the form of a taxable special distribution. Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (NYSE: AHT) announced that the Company's Board of ...
Germans are as keen on travel as ever almost 50 per cent plan a second trip besides their main annual holiday according to the latest ADAC Reisemonitor survey Italy and Austria have become increasingly popular for extra breaks Almost 50 per cent of Germans have already made up their minds to take an extra break in addition to their main annual holiday. According to the findings of a ...
The Éilan Hotel Resort & Spa is part of Éilan - San Antonio's new 120-acre mixed-use development that contains luxury residences, restaurants, retail outlets, and office space. Sage Hospitality announced it has added the Éilan Hotel Resort & Spa to its Premier and Lifestyle Division. The ...
The hotels will be located in key cities and towns that have established commercial and industrial infrastructure and will help meet the growing demand for quality accommodation across Brazil. It is anticipated that the first of these new properties will open in 2016. Hyatt Hotels Corporation today announced the execution of an agreement to form a joint venture between a Hyatt affiliate and ...
Because financing for new hotel development is still difficult to obtain, many hotel developers clients have found EB-5 financing to be a valuable source of alternative financing. One of the first things a hotel developer wants to know when considering EB-5 financing for the first time is: What percentage of the total cost of the project can be provided with EB-5 investments? The answer to ...
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers [DVD]
The problem with Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers is that it's a bridge movie, linking Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988), which jump-started the series back into existence after a long hiatus with the introduction of Jamie Lloyd (Danielle Harris), Michael's niece, and Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995), which answers the mystery left at ... ...
Year-to-date, 188 hotels have opened in the region with 32,667 rooms. In the remainder of 2013, 451 hotels are planned to open with 91,318 rooms. The Asia/Pacific hotel development pipeline comprises 1,828 hotels totalling 394,856 rooms, according to the May 2013 STR Global Construction Pipeline Report. The total active pipeline data includes projects in the In Construction, Final Planning ...
RLJ Lodging Trust announced that it acquired the long-term leasehold interest in the 399-room Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach for a purchase price of $75.3 million, or approximately $189,000 per key. The purchase price represents a forward capitalization rate of approximately 7.8% based on the Hotels projected 2014 net operating income. RLJ Lodging Trust announced that it acquired the ...
Rising profits, limited supply growth and improved access to capital make 2013 and 2014 an excellent time to invest in the U.S. lodging industry. This is the sentiment expressed by participants in the recently released 2013 edition of PKF Consulting USA, LLCs (PKFC) Hospitality Investment ...
Orange Capital, a New York-based investment firm, today announced that it has retained Houlihan Lokey as its financial advisor to coordinate buyer interest in Strategic Hotels & Resorts. Orange Capital LLC, beneficial owner of approximately 3.65 percent of Strategic Hotels & Resorts, issued the following statement today regarding its investment in the Company: Orange Capital, a New ...
Nor1 , the technology leader in upsell solutions, today released a new white paper entitled, "When More is More: Exploring Upselling as a Sales & Marketing Tactic." Authored by well-known expert and speaker on e-commerce and internet marketing, Tim Peter, founder of the consulting firm bearing his name, the paper asserts that employing upsell strategies can drive significant ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Coogee, Sydney
This 4.5 star hotel is one of our favourites. Overlooking Coogee Beach and just a 15 minute drive from the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
At least 32 people were killed and over 50 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks at a mosque in the Iraqi capital, an interior ministry official said.
The attacks occurred around midday at the al-Husseiniyah mosque in al-Qahira district, when two suicide bombers blew themselves up during prayers, Xinhua reported.
The official said the two attackers first shot dead the guards of the mosque with silenced weapons before entering the building and blowing up their explosive vests.
Ambulances, civilian and police vehicles evacuated the injured to various hospitals across the city.
BBC said Tuesday's attack comes a day after bombings killed at least 10 people in the cities of Taji and Fallujah near Baghdad.
Last month was the bloodiest in Iraq since June 2008, with 1,045 civilians and security officials killed.
- Countries exchange surveillance — were all being spied on Marcin de Kaminsky
- Muzzling the media Freedom is at risk
- Protect privacy Snowden affair highlights the dangers of the surveillance state
- Here’s a chance to ease the misery of fistula
- Women in academia thwarted by double standard
- Escalating civil war in Syria major focus of G8 summit
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Khurshid welcomes three months respite given to Indian expats in Saudi Arabia
- More flights for repatriation of Indians from Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia e-security centre to prevent hacking
- Aragon Pharmaceuticals being acquired by Johnson and Johnson
- Gene Research May Help Spot Baby’s Obesity Risk
- Could Catching Up on Sleep Lower Your Diabetes Risk
- AskSanjay brain health questions
- Polluted Air Linked to Autism Risk
- Ashford Hospitality Trust Announces Plan to Spin-off Hotel Portfolio
- ADAC Reisemonitor - Germans Are As Keen on Travel As Ever
- Sage Hospitality Adds San Antonio Eilan Hotel Resort to Portfolio
- Hyatt to Develop Nine Hyatt Place Hotels in Brazil
- EB-5 Financing - Using Guest Expenditures to Calculate Job Creation for Hotels
- Chevron commences LNG shipment from Angola
- Shell calls for unity to attract buyers
- SMART Technology reflects the changing Muskoka lifestyle and landscape
- Explosion on Florida Gas Pipeline in Louisiana - company
- At G8 U.S. pledges to keep pressing for shell company laws
- Pentagon Announces Progress in Opening Jobs to Women
- Wireless Spectrum Essential to Defense Operations Official Says
- U.S. Russia Agree to Cooperate on Cyber Nukes
- Transition Opens New Opportunities in Afghanistan Region
- 37 Overseas Commissaries to Remain Open During Furloughs
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 32 die in Iraq suicide bombing
- 15 killed in suicide bombing at Baghdad Shiite mosque
- Iraqi suicide bombers hit Baghdad mosque kill 34
- Ron Paul ‘Obama’s Syria policy looks a lot like Bush’s Iraq policy’
- Iraq excludes Kurds from ambitious 2014 oil output target