Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): At least four people were killed and 68 others wounded in deadly bomb attacks in war-torn Iraq on Tuesday, police said. At least three people were killed and more than 43 others wounded when two car bombs exploded in the Hussein district in Tuz Khormato, some 170 km north of Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity. The blasts caused ...
BAGHDAD--New attacks in Iraq killed seven people and wounded dozens on Tuesday, officials said, after a bloody day that claimed more than 100 lives across the ...
A wave of violence is shaking the neo-colonial Iraqi regime that emerged from the US war and occupation of Iraq, as sectarian tensions between Iraq's bourgeois factions are inflamed by the savage US-led proxy war in neighbouring Syria.In this past week, more than 200 people have been killed in car bomb attacks in a number of Iraqi cities. The worst violence was in Baghdad, where car bombs ...
Army Sergeant John Russell was convicted earlier this week over the murders at a clinic for soldiers suffering from war-related stress at Camp Liberty, the largest US base in ...
Residents stand amid rubble at blast scene in Tuz Khormatu town in northern Iraq May 21, 2013. Three persons were killed and 52 others were injured after two car bombs were set off in Tuz Khormatu on Tuesday, according to the police. REUTERS/Stringer A Canadian has been killed amidst rising violence in Iraq. "I have grown increasingly concerned in recent days as a spate of deadly sectarian ...
Eyeborgs has an unfortunately schlockly, straight-to-video title that undercuts what is otherwise a smart cautionary tale built on an all-too-believable premise. The story takes place in the near future when fears of terrorism have so gripped Americans that the government ... ...
Violence Sectarian violence unleashed after the US disintegration of Iraq is linked to the Syrian conflict and the death toll will only climb since extremist elements hijacked the sectarian instability in the region, political analyst Chris Bambery told RT. "Everyone in Iraq must be terrified that the situation in Syria is spilling over into Iraq" Bambery said as Tuesday's ...
Violence in Iraq, including a bombing near a mosque, has killed 18 people officials say, the latest in a spate of unrest that has cost more than 370 lives so far this month.Tuesday's bomb near a mosque in Abu Ghraib, west of Baghdad, killed five people and wounded at least 16, officials said.Dozens of mosques have been attacked so far this year, including two Shi'ite places of worship ...
An Iraqi policeman runs his metal detector over the body of Mohammed Adnan, 22, at a checkpoint as the body arrives for burial in the holy Shiite city of Najaf, 160 kilometers (100 miles) south of Baghdad, Iraq, Monday, May 20, 2013. A wave of car bombings across Baghdad's Shiite neighborhoods and in the southern city of Basra killed and wounded dozens of people, police said. (AP Photo/ ...
Residents stand amid rubble at blast scene in Tuz Khormatu town in northern Iraq May 21, 2013. Three persons were killed and 52 others were injured after two car bombs were set off in Tuz Khormatu on Tuesday, according to the police. ...
Iraq's Shi'ite Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has ordered a shakeup of senior government security officers, as a weeks-long wave of violence grips the country and fears of all-out sectarian war spread. The shakeup was confirmed on the prime minister's website, but details were not immediately clear. The move comes as authorities reported at least 21 deaths Tuesday in attacks ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel
I arrived by taxi to the hotel which is just a block from the former World Trade Center site. The ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): At least four people were killed and 68 others wounded in deadly bomb attacks in war-torn Iraq on Tuesday, police said.
At least three people were killed and more than 43 others wounded when two car bombs exploded in the Hussein district in Tuz Khormato, some 170 km north of Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
The blasts caused considerable damage to a number of houses and civilian cars nearby, the source said.
One civilian was killed and 25 others were injured when three bombs exploded in a sheep market in the Auraba district of Kirkuk, some 250 km north of Baghdad, according to the source.
Tuesday's violence came amid an escalation of sectarian tension between the Sunni and Shiite communities, which has been at its highest level since the U.S. troops pulled out of the country at the end of 2011.
On Monday, a series of car bombs and shootings mainly targeting Shiite areas across Iraq killed at least 70 people, including several Iranian pilgrims, and wounded more than 200, apparently in an attempt to stir up sectarian strife among Iraqis. (Xinhua-ANI)
- Richard Davis Abortion laws should keep up with advances
- Letters Consumers last word
- Letters Move to the center
- Letters Disaster vs. disease
- What others say India and China
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Saudi Arabia nabs 10 over spying for Iran
- Syria asserts right to respond to Israeli violations
- Iran Bars Candidacies of Rafsanjani Ahmadinejad Aide
- Kerry Mideast Talks on Syria to Include Russian Call for Involving Iran
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Talks with Taliban only option for Pakistan Nawaz Sharif
- Nawaz Sharif promises positive change in Pakistan within 100 days
- African-American Integration in U.S ‘A Model for Muslims’
- Chino residents lose appeal opposing Muslim prayer center
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Carey Mulligan calls for more awareness of Alzheimers
- Mothers diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- Cancer Society hits 100 as US cancer rate falls
- New inspector to monitor patient treatment from GPs
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Wyndham Hotel Group Introduces Two Hotel Brands Into Singapore
- Vail Resorts sells land for new condos at Breckenridge
- Global factors are strong drivers of Asia hotels revenues.
- NATO troops begin withdrawal of equipment from Afghanistan
- Russia Security Council secretary meets pentagon chief
- Pentagon wants $450m to maintain Guantanamo
- Fast and Hassle-Free WinZip Repair is Now Possible thanks to a New...
- The Fro-Frutti by Nostalgia Electrics Turns Fav Fruits into...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 4 killed 68 wounded in bomb attacks in Iraq
- More attacks across Iraq leave 7 people dead
- Hundreds killed in upsurge of terror bombings sectarian killings in Iraq
- US soldier John Russell gets life in prison for Camp Liberty killings in Iraq
- Canadian killed in escalating violence in Iraq