Violence has erupted in many areas of Iraq. On Saturday morning eight people, including a police officer, his wife and children, were killed by gunmen who also kidnapped ten security force personnel in the Rashid area, south of Baghdad. The gunmen first broke into the home of the local administrator, killing one of his guards. They then moved on to the nearby house of Captain Adnan ...
It was a violent day in Iraq Saturday with at least 11 people killed and 10 policemen kidnapped as hatred simmers between the ruling Shi'ite majority and the Sunni minority. Gunmen broke into the home of an anti-terrorism policeman in the Baghdad suburb of Rasheed, killing him, his wife, and two children. Another security officer was killed elsewhere in Rasheed. Police say gunmen killed ...
Five people, including an anti-terrorism police officer along with his wife and children, were shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the Iraqi capital Saturday, a government source said. The incident occurred at dawn when gunmen broke into the house of the officer in al-Rasheed suburb and shot him dead with his wife and two children, reported Xinhua citing a source in Iraq's interior ...
Iraq that left eight dead, said officials. The attacks follow three days of bombings and other violence across the country that killed 130 people. A market, a mosque and bus stops in both Shiite ...
former dictator Saddam Hussein has resounded in the minds of many Iraqis since his fall."His shadow is still following Iraqi society everywhere," says Iraqi Kurdish photographer Jamal Penjweny whose series "Saddam is Here" attempts to capture this thought."Saddam was dead but I felt as if he was still alive in the way people talked, lied, loved, dreamed and did ...
Female Trouble [DVD]
What makes the early trash cinema of John Waters so unique is the breadth of his influences and how those influences found their way into his manic, often repulsive low-budget midnight flicks. Cinematically, he was influenced by surrealists such as Luis Buuel and Salvador Dali, experimental filmmakers like Kenneth Anger and Andy Warhol, and the horror schlock of Herschell Gordon Lewis. Politicall ... ...
WAM CAIRO: The Arab Parliament on Saturday condemned the recent sharp rise in terror blasts in Iraq and emphasised that these attacks are unjustifiable and not acceptable in any heavenly religion as they seek to kill peaceful innocent people. The Speaker of the Arab Parliament, Ahmed Al Jarwan, in a press release, termed the bombings as "vicious, coward and sordid." On Friday, one ...
The death toll in Iraq from four consecutive days of violence has reached at least 140 people, stirring fears that rising sectarian conflicts could lead the country into civil war. Many Iraqis were in mourning on Sunday amid simmering tensions between the Sunni minority and Shia majority despite increased security patrols. In Baghdad, the presence of SWAT teams, army, police officers and ...
WAM ABU DHABI: What Iraq needs desperately is a system of more decentralised governance, where Baghdad is not calling all the shots - and targeting political opponents. There is reason to believe that a system drawing on the principles of federalism, with stronger regional administrations, is one way that Sunnis, Shias and Kurds could find common cause, according to a local newspaper. ...
Tribune-Review investigative reporter Carl Prine received a Best of Show award on Friday from the Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors for "Rules of engagement," his investigation into the deaths of two deaf, unarmed teenage brothers by American soldiers in ...
RAMADI, Iraq, May 18 (Xinhua) -- Eight people were killed in separate attacks across Iraq on Saturday, while gunmen kidnapped eight policemen in the western province of Anbar, the police said. In western Iraq, two people were killed in clashes between tribesmen and Iraqi security forces near the city of Ramadi, capital of Anbar province, when the tribesmen apparently believed that a police unit ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
JW Marriott, Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
This luxury establishment is located in Summerlin, a golfing community about a 15 minute drive northwest of the Las Vegas ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iraq SunIraq Sun – iraqsun.com: Latest Headlines from Iraq
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iraq Sun is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iraq news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iraqi news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iraq news, the weather forecast for Iraq you'll find it all in the Iraq Sun.
From Mosul to Baghdad, the Iraq Sun should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
It was a violent day in Iraq Saturday with at least 11 people killed and 10 policemen kidnapped as hatred simmers between the ruling Shi'ite majority and the Sunni minority.
Gunmen broke into the home of an anti-terrorism policeman in the Baghdad suburb of Rasheed, killing him, his wife, and two children. Another security officer was killed elsewhere in Rasheed.
Police say gunmen killed a Sunni cleric near his home in the southern port city of Basra and a car bomb exploded in the town of Latifiya, killing at least one person. Suspected Sunni Muslims kidnapped at least 10 policemen in Ramadi, near the Syrian border.
Iraq's Sunni population says the Shi'ite-led government of Prime Minister Nouri-al-Maliki has been ignoring their needs while targeting them for arrests since taking power 10 years ago.
On Friday, 70 people were killed in a series of bomb attacks targeting Sunnis, including two blasts outside a mosque north of Baghdad. Bombings and other violence have killed more than 100 people in Iraq in the past week.
- China growth to halve
- WLOX Editorial Prepare South Mississippi
- Letter Death camp contrast Why the silence on Soviet Union camps
- Letter Investigate all levels from Swallow to the Obama administration
- Letter Labeling all exotic animals as dangerous is extreme
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Saudi clerics blame Twitter for immoral souls
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Assad blasts West claims of chemical weapons in Syria as pretext to wage war
- Ozzy Osbourne moves back in with wife Sharon
- Kayani throws weight behind Nawaz Sharif ahead of govt. transition
- Musharraf should leave Pak before elected govt. takes charge PML-N tells Kayani
- Afghan Lawmakers Block Womens Rights Law
- More than 500 imams in landmark gay marriage protest
- B.C.’s Ahmadiyya Muslim community finally has its own mosque
- Mothers fight for miracle son with half a brain
- Million at risk from Care Bill
- Casualty in crisis AE - a service in meltdown
- Obsessive compulsive hoarding A serious health risk in store
- Kirsty Allsopp and her sister speak about their breast cancer dilemna
- Wyndham enters into Singapore with 2 brands.
- Are North Americans ready to spend
- Travel Industry Leaders Discuss Tourism’s Impact on the U.S. Economy and Changing Vacation Demographics
- Wanda Hotels and Resorts to Expand IDeaS Revenue Management Support Across All Group Managed Hotels
- National Association of Mortgage Field Services to Exhibit at...
- Roll-Kraft Awarded For Safety In Production Of Tooling For Tube ...
- Bes-Techs Digi-Air™ Controller Awarded Patent
- Property E.R. Specialists is Now Servicing Treasure Valley
- Shadows of dishonor cast on the U.S. military
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iraq Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Anti-terror officer killed with family in Baghdad
- Iraq attacks leave 8 dead
- Saddam still haunts us with a photography collection that displays the fear of post-war Iraqis